I’ve been cooking with Butter nut squash for a few years now and I used to always just throw out the seeds without giving them a second thought. A long time ago, I read that they were too bitter and not really the nicest thing to eat. But, they are magic!!!
Scoop out the seeds from the butter nut squash soup and put them in a drainer.
- Run hot water over them to remove the stringy stuff.
- Cover them in some salt and also, cover the tray you are using for them
- Pop them in the oven and after a few minutes of popping sounds, remove them from the oven.
- They should be a little swollen and toasty.
- Great for snacking on when you are making some butternut squash soup.